Monday, June 27, 2011

I don´t know where to begin! The past week my team and I have been in a little community outside of Granada called Guayabo. In other words, without internet or mattresses, running water only from 4am-12pm (we bathed in the lake), bug city everywhere, houses/shacks on one side of the dirt road, and barefoot children everywhere. Although that description may sound somewhat like complaints, that place was exactly what God used to continue to change me and move in the lives of several people.
Today we arrived at the hostel we will be at for the rest of our time here. It is 
so beautiful! My team and I are currently in an internet café communicating with our families and blogging. Who thought fifteen minutes talking on the phone in a little cubicle would make me feel on-top-of-the-world-happy.  
The two stories I have on my heart to share could easily fill a novel. Unfortunately, I don´t have the time to be detailed. Basically, God used our team to transform the life of one of our translators and break down the walls in the heart of an unbelieving woman we prayed over.
Please pray that our team would adjust to Granada and reach to the darkest corner and lonliest heart with the love of God.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Rilie ~

    So good to hear your voice today on the phone, sweetie! That fifteen minutes made me feel on-top-of-the-world-happy too!! The two stories your shared are incredible and it is obvious God is at work and using you and your team in amazing ways. We will continue to pray through your prayer list as well as asking the Lord to use you in mighty ways there in Granada. Keep your focus and eyes on the Lord.

    Love you very much,
    Mommy

    ReplyDelete