Monday, June 13, 2011

The Beginning of the Unknown

I am struck with overwhelming excitement, powerful love, inescapable boldness, hints of confusion, radiant joy, and moments of fear of the unknown. These are the most prevalent emotions swirling around in my heart and head as I realize my departure for Nicaragua creeps closer and closer. Thursday morning at 4:45 AM I will leave home and begin my month-long journey as an ambassador for my Jesus. This is an adventure that I heard hollering my name several months before I even knew what it was. Let me tell you, that was an adventure in and of itself.
Picture this in your head…little Rilie standing at the beginning of a life-sized candyland game board. She knows there will be a few twists and turns in the future and eagerly waits for God to draw the right cards in His time. However, Rilie occasionally becomes impatient and distracted and wanders off to the gumdrop mountains, lollipop forest, ice cream sea, or some other seemingly happy and better place. Of course she then gets lost and scrambles back to the colorful square tiles where Heavenly direction always appears soon after…
I haven’t made it to the candy castle yet, but I’ve learned so much in the small time I have had. There is still SO much God has to teach me. I will never stop learning. As I awaken each morning to follow Jesus, I will not stop running, racing, and pushing to the point where all I can do is lift my hands to give glory to the One who overcame the world. For me.  
As often as I can over the next few weeks, I will share my stories, thoughts, and musings from the journey I have been given in Nicaragua. Would you care to listen?

3 comments:

  1. I am so excited at your taking a month's Journey with your Papa in a foreign land !
    May you experience life with Him in beautiful marvelous ways :D
    <3
    Ju

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage. Psalm 84:5

    Excitedly awaiting reading about your journey and all He teaches you in the process... thanks for sharing, (little) Rilie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited Rilie!!! God is going to do great things! Can't wait to hear all of your stories. Have confidence in his power and pray BIG things, expect HIm to answer as well!

    ReplyDelete